Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 1005 -- St. Augusta


St. Augusta is a small town south of St. Cloud. As far as I recall, we only ever drove through it. There are lots of little towns around St. Cloud that we at least went to a garage sale or a church bazaar, but I don't think St. Augie was among them. (We're very informal about our saints up in Central Minnesota. St. Augusta is "St. Augie", St. Joseph is "St. Joe", and St. Benedict is "St. Ben". St. Cloud is just "St. Cloud". No nickname for him. (In case you're wondering, I believe that St. Cloud is a corruption of St. Claude, the French missionary.))

This picture of a garage fire in St. Augie is from the web page of the St. Augusta Fire Department. The fire was in September, 2008.

I went to Snap Fitness for the first time today. Our town has not one, but two 24/7 fitness places. Snap Fitness was having and end-of-the-year special, and I signed up. The main advantage over the gym at school is that they are open any time. I started my run at 5:30 this morning, a half an hour before the gym is open. The main disadvantage is that they don't have a track, only a treadmill. For now, I'm keeping both memberships, to see how much use I get out of each one. Anyway, after starting out a bit too fast on the treadmill, I backed off and had a slower seven-mile run.

0 comments: