Sunday, November 08, 2009

Day 992 -- Alexandria


In Alexandria, they have a 28-foot tall Viking. I actually first saw him at the web site for the Runestone Museum, but they don't have a very good picture for pasting myself into. So I stole this photo from the City of Alexandria web site. I also checked The World's Largest Collection of the World's Smallest Version of the World's Largest Things, where, yes, Big Ole is listed as the World's Largest Viking. They don't have any pictures, but it's been so long since I've visited TWLCotWSVotWLT, I thought it was worth the link.

In other things that it's been a long time since I've done, I ran ten miles today. I believe that was my first double-digit run since the marathon on September 20. It felt pretty good, actually. I was tired, but not spent.

0 comments: