Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 6B5 -- Avon


When I'm out on a run, I almost always say hello to pedestrians: fellow joggers, actual runners, walker, dog-walkers, etc. I'll wave to a car if I think I know the driver. And I always wave at the police. It's my way of saying "Thank you". It can't be an easy job. No doubt it is 90% boredom, 9% hassle, and 1% downright danger. Today, I get my chance to wave at the police in Avon, Minnesota. I also call your attention to Avon's motto: "Lakes, Loons, Living". Now, doesn't that make you want to visit?

I overslept a bit this morning. It wasn't enough to skip my run, but it was enough to make me shorten it. I ended up running about 4.4 miles. The weather continues to be decent. It was cool, but there was almost no wind, so it wasn't a bad run. So now I have started on my second thousand.

0 comments: