Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 1407 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDJul
Distance8865.2852.2132.0
Time61 days, 12 hrs, 51 min
6 days, 10 hrs, 9 mins
25:07
Days140714122
States33101

If you are paying attention, you may notice that my total number of states has had a little jump. (OK, I realize no one is paying attention, but I'm explaining anyway. I'm a college professor. It's what I do.) I've been going along, just sort of saying, "Did I run into a new state this month? Better add it." But I haven't been keeping a running list. I began to wonder if maybe I hadn't missed count. So, earlier this month, I went through and made a running list. I was off by four states! I'm not sure exactly where I lost them. Anyway, 33 is the official, accurate count. And I even know which 17 I have to hit, yet.

At 132.0 miles, this wasn't quite my longest month of the year. I made 132.7 in March. And it took me an hour and a half less time. So I'm slowing down. As if I needed evidence of that.

This morning, I managed to crank out 15.2 miles. I was tired and sweaty at the end, of course, but considering I managed four miles more than last week, I felt pretty good about it. I may actually survive the Madison Mini Marathon, after all.

0 comments: