Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 262 -- G'day from Turney


Tonight I think I'll spend a virtual night at Camp Down Under in Turney, Missouri. Why there's a camp with an Australian theme out here in the middle of nowhere, I'll never know. But it seems quite pleasant. Here you see what they charmingly refer to as "Bare Bones Cabins," inside and out. They sleep eight. They are air conditioned, but do not have running water or toilets. I don't think I'll need the air conditioner in the middle of January, but I think I'd miss a toilet. So screw it, I'll just spend the night in my own bed, thank you.

I ran five miles today, and I'm ready for a day off. It might be snowy first thing tomorrow, so my timing is good. Word is still out on whether it will be nice enough to run outside on Sunday morning. I'll let you know.

0 comments: