Sunday, January 07, 2007

Day 263 -- Converse, Missouri


According to this page of miscellaneous old photos, "First township meeting and Farmers Institute ever held in Clinton Co. was in Converse, Nov. 1, 1910...."

Last week, I started out to run 13 miles, but only ran 9. It was a good decision at the time, but it meant that today, when I started out to run 10, that 9 mile mark loomed large in my mind. About mile 7, I started thinking, "I can't make it longer than I did last week. I'm already exhausted. I think I'll just lay down and die right here." Fortunately, I had a route where at mile 8, I was just about as far from home as I was going to get this morning. So I could either walk the two miles back or I could run them. I ran them. It felt good, but I'm sore now.

I am going to have to work hard to get myself in shape for a marathon. There is no way I can run 16 more miles on the legs I finished with today. The good news is, I have time. It took a long way for me to get myself to this point, and it will take a long time for me to extend it to 26.2 miles. A little bit at a time, that's all I need.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is hilarious. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. Were you really jogging all over America Gump style?

I caught on though, reasonably quickly. Funny stuff!