Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 265 -- Kearney, Missouri


Kearney Missouri is one of the fast growing cities in Missouri. Strong economic growth coupled with a well developed Master Plan have helped Kearney move forward. How do I know this? It's a direct quote from the Kearney web site. They just celebrated their sesquicentennial in 2006. They also have a Jesse James Festival, since Kearney was his birthplace and boyhood home. I guess not every town has a Nobel Prize winner. (Although I'd guess that Jesse James is more well known than 99% of Nobel Prize winners, when it comes to that.) Anyway, you can see me above standing by the bouncy ride at the JJ Festival. The rumors that I posed for the drawing of The Hulk are entirely unfounded, but please spread them anyway.

I ran 6.3 miles this morning, in the cold. Sixteen degrees is definitely not warm enough to run outside. But once I was out, I was committed. The next time I run outside, it will be considerably warmer. This I promise.

0 comments: