Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day 354 -- Cut short


It was raining when I set out this morning, but I didn't let that bother me. It wasn't terribly cold, or raining terribly hard. But pretty soon, I started to see flashes of lightning in the distance. At first, it was too far away to even hear the thunder. By the time I got back home, I was hearing the distant rumble of thunder. That's about as bad as it ever got. It never really came near, and I would have been good to finish my run. But I didn't know that, and I didn't want to find out the hard way, seeing as I do conduct electricity.

So, I only got in 3 miles of my scheduled twelve mile run. My plan right now is to run nine tomorrow, instead of taking the day off. Then, if I'm tired, I'll take Tuesday off.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I live in the thunderstorm capital of the nation (central Florida) I will endorse your decision to cut short the run. You can be killed by the first bolt of lightning just as easily as by the last one. Some years age, it happened to someone walking on the beach about a mile from my house. KD