Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 864 -- Wagon Box Social Mountain Trail Run


I've posted photos from Burlington for two runs in a row, and I'm actually still not there. So I decided to go a little further afield. Back over my right shoulder is the town of Meeteetse, which hosts the Wagon Box Social Mountain Trail Run. They have a 5K, a 10K, and a 13K race. This year's race is June 27. I don't think I'll stick around to run it.

I did five miles this morning, and my tendon held up OK. I'm icing it right now. I have decided that I'm not going to run at all tomorrow. I was thinking about testing it on a long run, but a long run was what got me into trouble in the first place. The most important thing is to get it healthy, so it doesn't become a chronic condition. So no run for me tomorrow, and I'll shoot for 12 miles next weekend.

The semester has come to an end. I have my exams mostly graded. One class is entirely graded, and I only have a few questions on each of the other finals. I will try to get it done today, but so far I don't seem to be motivated to work on it. Grades aren't due until Wednesday.

In medical news, the medium Little Jogger is going to have his tonsils and adenoids out on Wednesday. He's been having troubles with them all spring, and the doctor just decided enough is enough. The surgery is routine, but the recovery promises to be pretty painful. I hope that it will be worth it, and he won't have sore throats like he's been having.

0 comments: