Sunday, May 10, 2009

Days 861 and 862 -- Burlington


Well, approaching Burlington. I'm still some 10 miles short of it, but there's not much out here to blog. This shot is from WyomingTourism.org.

I did run on Friday, but never got around to blogging it. Then I didn't run yesterday, and never really thought about getting caught up. So, sorry about the slight hiatus.

This morning, I did a long run of 11 miles. I did the Jeff Galloway, stop-and-start thing for the first eight miles, then just cut loose and ran the last three. In fact, I ran the last 5K in about 29:24, which is 5 seconds faster than my official time in the Fitness Means Life run a couple of weeks ago. If you'll recall, that run was not preceded by an eight mile warm up. So I feel good about that.

Friday was the last day of classes, with finals next week. I have some grading to do, of course. The Math Ed students have turned in portfolios to document their learning throughout the class. And the Discrete Math students have turned in their final proofs. I also have to write two of the three finals. The Math Ed final is in pretty good shape. It just needs some polish. But I'm having a lot of trouble with the Discrete Math final. Pretty soon, I'm going to give up and start stealing questions from my old finals.

Happy Mother's Day to Mrs. Jogger, Grandma Jogger, and all you mothers out there!

0 comments: