Sunday, September 13, 2009

Days 953 and 954 -- Mina


Almost 10 years ago, on October 25, 1999, a Leer jet carrying golfer Payne Stewart and five others crashed in a field near Mina, SD. I'm not much of a pro golf fan, so it didn't mean that much to me. Other than a famous person dying much too young. In fact, six people died much too young. However, if you Google Mina, SD, it dominates the hits. And this gives me a chance for a post where I'm not wearing the ugliest pants in the photo.

I took Thursday off. Since I have an 8:00 class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, those are good days to take off. I ran 4.5 miles on Friday. I slept in Saturday, but I went out an noon and ran another quick 4.5 miles. That was fairly hot. Then I slept in again today, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get a daylight run.

It's just one week until the Fox Cities Marathon. I'm feeling good about it. If the weather is OK, I think I'll give it a good go. The long range forecast for Appleton calls for sunny and a high of 68 degrees. Oh, man, I hope that's going to hold up. It would make for a good day.

0 comments: