Saturday, September 19, 2009

What the Hell have I gotten myself into?

A question that I have asked myself several times today. It all seems like a good idea, until you realize that you are in for 26 miles.

I have a plan. I think it's a decent plan. I am going to line up with the 4:30 pace group. I will run with them for the first mile, then take my walk break. I hope to be able to catch back up to the pace group right at the end of the second mile. Then take my walk break. Then catch up in the third mile, and take a walk break. And so on. This should keep me from going out too fast.

I feel confident that I can run the first 20 miles in fairly good shape. It's that last six that will get me. If I conserve my energy and if my legs hold up, and I get a good pace in the last six miles, it will be a good run. If I hit the wall, well, at least I know that I've been there before.

Wish me luck!

0 comments: