Friday, January 07, 2011

Day 1270 -- White Mountain National Forest


I don't think I'm really in White Mountain National Forest right now. This part of the road is not in the park, but has park on both sides of it. The park is hard to miss; it's all over the north end of the state. According to the National Park Service, it has close to 800,000 acres, which is over 1200 square miles. According to Wikipedia, New Hampshire has a little over 9000 square miles. Meaning the National Forest is something like 13% of the area of the state. Well, that's not quite true, because a little of the National Forest slops over into Maine.

Gravity finally got me yesterday morning, and I slept in. Today was a scheduled day off, so I swapped, and did my easy five today. Now we'll see if I can get up again tomorrow. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm pretty tired.

0 comments: