Thursday, August 24, 2006

10 thing you probably haven't done (that I have)


  1. Acted in A Midsummer Night's Dream at 13.
  2. Acted in five different Shakespeare plays.
  3. Adopted a daughter in Ukraine.
  4. Been to Ukraine.
  5. Seen John McCutcheon in concert five times.
  6. Walked the sidelines (as a student manager) at the Stagg Bowl.
  7. Lost 60 pounds (and kept it off, so far, knock wood.)
  8. Run 850 miles so far this year.
  9. Solved Rubik's cube.
  10. Eaten raw sea cucumber. (Can't recommend this one.)


Thanks to Addy N. for the meme.

5 comments:

Addy N. said...

Cool list! I haven't done anything on your list, either! I thought I remembered that you had at least one child from the former Soviet Union- I didn't remember it was Ukraine. So you've been on the other side of the former USSR, then. Groovy, man. And I've never heard of John McCutcheon. btw- when you mapped yourself, I realized that I interviewed at your school before I was hired at Miami! I think I ate at a Chinese restaurant in the downtown area...

Anonymous said...

WELL I'VE DONE THREE THINGS ON YOUR LIST. WITH ONE MORE SHAKESPEARE PLAY IT WILL BE FOUR. I BETTER GET BUSY. I HAVE TO SAY THE 60 POUNDS WAS THE HARDEST. I JUST PUSHED AND LOST THE FINAL 20 POUNDS THE DR. RECOMENDED. I AM WEARING THE SAME SIZE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL NOW. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THAT AGAIN! AS FOR 600 MILES. NOT THIS JOGGER. I LIMIT MY JOGGING TO ABOUT 20 FEET A DAY.(GRIN) RUBICS CUBE TOOK ME 10 YEARS BUT I FINNALY SOLVED IT.(I THINK I JUST GOT LUCKY)

USJogger said...

Cuz,

Great Job! I can't wait to see you and see your skinny new look! Be careful not to drop through any street grates.

Just wait. I'll get you out there for a marathon, yet.

Addy,

Cool. When did you interview here? Perhaps we passed in the hallway...

USJogger

Addy N. said...

Hi again, Jogger! I interviewed there in November 2001. I might have been in Gardner Hall? (I looked it up on the dept web page) Congrats on your half-marathon today. I'm so impressed!

USJogger said...

Yep. Your department (if I'm correct about what your department is) would be on the second floor of Gardner Hall. Math is on the first floor. Small world....