Monday, August 21, 2006

Day 156 -- Crawfordsville


First year students have just arrived on campus at Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Classes start on Thursday. Frankly, I had no idea that Wabash College was here. I had heard of Wabash College, but wouldn't have known where to look for it. The things you find out on a cross country run!

I ran 11.2 miles today, another new high, but still a long way from 26.2 miles. That's OK, I've got time. On the MarathonGuide.com web site, they have a page with stories of people's first marathons. One story that I was reading the other day was from a guy who went from being unable to run a mile to running a marathon in 10 months. At age 50. More power to him, but it's going to take me a little longer than that. About eight years. But I'm determined to do it right, and arrive at the marathon in shape to not just finish it, but smile while I'm doing it. (If my smile looks like a grimace, I'm counting it anyway.)

0 comments: