Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Marathon Training

I've been reading a lot about marathon training, and visiting various web pages to look that their marathon training programs. The ones that get me are the ones that promise to get you ready for a marathon with as little running as possible. Get ready with just three days a week! I read one yesterday from a guy who bragged that he'd run his first marathon without ever running back-to-back days during training. What I don't get is why you would want to run a marathon if you don't like running.

Not that I'm above taking a day off, scheduled or unscheduled. And I've certainly gone through periods where three days of running a week seemed like plenty. Ask me again in the dead of this next winter and see how I feel. But right now, when I'm at my peak of interest in running the marathon, I just want to run. I took today off, with just a long walk and some weight lifting, but I didn't want to.

0 comments: