Thursday, January 03, 2008

Day 516 -- COLD!


I was up late last night with a headache and an upset stomach. I'm fine today, but I slept in, so I couldn't run first thing in the morning. The oldest and newest Little Jogger had a check-up at the doctor's office this afternoon, and I had to take her, so I couldn't run in the late afternoon. I was free at noon, but the gym is closed at noon over the break. So....I ran outdoors. In the cold. Twenty degrees, and a brisk wind. Maybe I should have been wearing some of this high-tech fabric.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. At least it was sunny. I wasn't running really fast, because there were lots of icy patches. We haven't had snow recently, but we've had enough that it hasn't all been cleared. The main roads are clear, but there's a reasonable amount of traffic on them at noon. All told, I'd just as soon run indoors tomorrow.

0 comments: