Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 533 - Outside


I ran outside today. I don't know that it was quite warm enough for that, but it was a good deal warmer than it has been. For the last week or so, we've had highs in the single digits, and lows well below zero. So when it got up to the mid thirties today, I took off for a run.

It was hard work. There is still a lot of snow on the ground, and I couldn't entirely avoid it. Running in snow is hard, because you have to shorten your stride and be very careful how you plant your feet. Plus there were hills, and it was pretty cold. And I ran pretty far the last three days in a row. Which pretty much sums up my list of excuses why I only made 6.8 miles today, when I meant to go more like 10. It was still a good workout, and I'm ready to leap into the new week tomorrow.

0 comments: