Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 530 -- Elko


Last year, I made it to mid-December before I took three days off in a row. This year, I made it to mid-January. The flu just got me. I was feeling OK by Tuesday afternoon. My headache was better (if not quite gone) and my fever was down. But I was still exhausted, and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed Wednesday morning.

I did make it to the gym finally this morning, and did six miles. It felt OK. My energy was down, of course, but I wasn't totally spent at the end of the six, and I'll take that.

This bowling alley in Elko, Nevada, is pictured on Rudy Rucker's Blog. Rucker is an author, of whom I've heard, but I don't think I've ever read any of his stuff. He's got a novel called Mathematicians In Love, which sounds like my kind of book. Follow the link for an interesting view of the bowling alley sign.

0 comments: