Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This Band Rocks!


The latest album by Concord Mass, which is titled "Not Crazy Enough to be True," is not true. I don't know whether it's crazy enough, or not. I'm really getting into this phony album cover thing. If you didn't follow the links below, the way it works is: a) You pick a random Wikipedia page for your band's name, b) you pick a random quote, the last four words of which are to be your album's title, and c) you pick a random image for cover art. It doesn't always work (I had a band called the 1903 Oregon Ducks Football Team, which, while not impossible, seemed unlikely to me) but it works often enough to be funny. I believe that any of the three that I've posted could be real cover art for real bands. Follow the links in the "Frank Poole" post to see some more awesome covers. (And yes, I did cheat on the "last four words" thing. For Frank Poole, I cut it off at three words. For Concord Mass, I extended it to six (although "Enough to be True" isn't totally out of the question, and "Crazy Enough to be True" works just as well. (Lots of parenths in this sentence, aren't there?)))

In unrelated news, I took today off from running. I was scheduled to do three, but I decided to sleep in, to try to shake this cold. Anyway, it was nasty windy and cold this morning, and I didn't feel like going out long enough even to scrape the ice off the car.

Two Little Joggers went to school today, and two stayed home. The doctor has prescribed a cough medicine with codeine, which is keeping them pretty mellow. I, personally, am just hoping to make it through the week. Five more lectures! If this post is a bit silly, blame the germs.

0 comments: