Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 528 -- Elburz, Nevada


Just down the road from Halleck is Elburz, Nevada, and, thanks to RockyMountainRoads.com, I have a photo of the very exit I would take to get there. It's funny how this web site comes up every once in a while. I've been on I-80 for the last 200+ miles, so they should have come up every time I Google a town, but they don't. I'm sure that they are always on there somewhere, but I don't usually get far enough down the list to see them. I attended a talk at the Joint Math Meetings on the math behind search engines, but I didn't understand it enough to be able to tell why the different towns get different results.

I ran 10 miles today. This is the fifth day of my 18 week training plan, and I'm already off schedule. The problem is that the indoor track is closed the next three days. There is a track meet tomorrow, a boys basketball tournament on Sunday, and the whole gym is closed on Monday in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. And we're expecting highs in the single digits the next few days, so don't even talk to me about running outdoors. So I did my weekend long run today. I might be able to slip in for a half hour on the treadmill one of the next two days, but I didn't think I could do a long run on the treadmill.

0 comments: