Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lost

I took two of the Little Joggers and one of their friends out sledding yesterday. There's a sledding hill a few blocks from our house. They could walk it, but that takes energy and time that they could spend on the sledding hill, so I took them. I was going to sit in the van and watch and bring them home a few minutes before they froze solid.

However, there was a lost person there. I noticed him when I pulled up, noting that he didn't seem really sure of where he was going, and he sure wasn't. He asked me how close he was to Wal-Mart. He had come from campus, where he is a new student, starting this semester. Wal-Mart is a couple of miles east of campus, and he was maybe 3/4 of a mile north. So basically the only thing that I could have told him was to turn around, walk back to where you came from, make a left, and keep walking. In the cold and snow.

So, I gave him a lift. I told the Little Joggers that I'd be right back, and I drove him out to Wal-Mart and then back to campus. I honestly don't think he could have made it on foot, even if I could have given him good directions.

He was impressed, and offered to give me money, but I said I was just upholding our town's reputation for being a nice little town. He seemed relieved. I don't think he had a lot of money to be throwing around.

So that was my good deed for yesterday.

0 comments: