Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 529 -- More Elburz...but not much more


Elburz is also listed at Nevada Ghost Towns. I can't find the population of Elburz, but I did find (on Wikipedia) that the population of Elko county is only 45,000, spread over an area of 17,203 square miles, for a population density of only 3 people per square mile. So, I guess it's no surprise that Elburz isn't exactly a metropolis. (On a side note, Elko County does have a ghost town called Metropolis, somewhat north of where I ran through, so I missed it.)

I did go to the gym today to do 3 miles on the treadmill. I'm glad that I got the exercise, but the treadmill is just not the same as actually running. Your arms are flapping and your legs are moving, but you aren't actually moving your body, so it's not the same kind of exercise. Nonetheless, I'm counting it as progress on my journey.

0 comments: