Sunday, March 02, 2008

Day 555 -- More Winnemucca


In summer, 2005, two guys named James and Grant rode their bikes across America to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation. Somewhere around Winnemucca, they took this picture, and posted it with the caption "This is what Nevada looks like." So, now I guess I don't need to look for any more pictures while I'm in Nevada. I can just post this one every day.

I ran outside today. The good news is, my foot feels fine. The bad news is, I'm out of shape. I ran 7.8 miles in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Well, I covered 7.8 miles in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I walked some of that. I knew from the first that it was going to be bad. My legs were already hurting in the first mile. Almost eight miles later, they were dead.

I'm wondering if I can make it into shape for a marathon in the next 76.5 days. I'm seriously considering dropping back to the half marathon. But I can wait to make that decision. I'm going to see how March goes, and then go from there.

0 comments: