Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 569 -- Eagle Pitcher Mine

You can put this down as another one of those days when I posted a picture from nowhere near where I'm supposed to be, because finding it struck me as funny. West of Lovelock is a town called Eagle Pitcher Mine. I can find it on the web, but I can't find any photos of the area. Actually, the number one hit on a Google Photo search for Eagle Pitcher Mine is from the Badger Mine and Museum, in Shullsburg, Wisconsin. This is just a stone's throw from my hometown. I could jump in the car tomorrow, run down there, and take an actual photo of me standing in front of this model. It would be just marginally slower than Photoshop. Why there should be two Eagle Pitcher Mines in the world, I do not know.

The only reason that I ran this morning was a failure of imagination. I lay in bed after the alarm went off, trying to think of an excuse to skip today's run. Unable to come up with one, I ran. It wasn't a great run, but it did get my heart started, which is a good thing.

0 comments: