Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Days 562 and 563 -- Oreana, Nevada


How about a nice train? From some random MySpace page, here is a UP Z with UP 1988 leading, as it zooms through Oreana.

I did run yesterday, but I had so little free time in the evening that I never got around to blogging it. Yesterday was a drag. I felt every step of 5.3 miles. The miles shot past like miles.

Today was OK, though. I ran outside. It was my first early morning outside run of the spring. My previous outside runs lately have been Sunday afternoons, trying to get in long runs when the gym is closed. They have ended in disappointment, because I haven't made the distance that I wanted. But today, I didn't have a distance in mind. I just ran for the joy of it, which was great. It reminded me of why I like to run.

I haven't decided yet whether to run a full marathon or a half marathon in Green Bay in May, but I know what the decision will be when I make it. I'd rather wimp out and run the half than wimp out in the middle of trying to run the full. And the liberating thing about that is that all of a sudden, I'm not behind on my training. I've been kicking myself every time I go out, because I'm not as far as I should be. But if I'm running a half, I'm just where I should be.

That does mean, if I run the DesMoines Marathon this fall, that it will be over a full year between my first marathon and my second. But so what? It's not like I'm going to set a world record for the most marathons or anything.

0 comments: