Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Day 558 -- Sulphur


OK, this is cool. This guy Ian Kluft is doing research on the Black Rock Desert in this area of Nevada. He thinks that this ridge is the remains of an impact crater that is about a 40x30 mile ellipse. Here's where the ridge is.


I haven't read the web site closely enough to try to judge whether he's a total crackpot. He does admit "This is just a page on a personal web site, a preliminary finding by amateurs." In any case, it's a cool idea.

I ran another 5 miles today. I'm feeling good, but I haven't really tried any distance, yet. I might go for 7 or 8 tomorrow.

In Little Jogger news, the first Little Jogger had a 7th and 8th grade math contest. She got a 1, the best score. Which is just as well, or I would have had to cut her out of my will. I took the littlest Little Jogger bowling with about 1000 Cub Scouts today. He bowled very economically. He did not create a lot of wear and tear on the pins.

0 comments: