Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 908 -- Black Hills State University


Behold, the Mathematics Center at Black Hills State University.

I actually ran right through Spearfish, the home of BHSU, already yesterday. However, I have a special reason to drop in on the math department here. I have a friend and colleague whose brother, "Sam", is also a mathematician. Sam just finished his degree, and has taken a job here at BHSU. I just found that out a couple of weeks ago, and here I am in Spearfish. Of course, Sam is too new to even be on their website, but he'll be here. Sam has visited his brother several times in the last few years, and I like him a lot. It's a shame that he'll be way out here in the boonies.

I really, really didn't feel running this morning. After 20 miles yesterday, my legs wanted a day off. But I pushed myself out and ran a slow four miles. It was one of the few days that I didn't feel much better when I finished than I did when I started. Arguably, I should have taken the day off. But I didn't. Perhaps tomorrow.

0 comments: