Friday, April 09, 2010

Day 1107 -- Palm Book State Park


The photo gallery at atomicsatchel.com provides this sign at Palms Book State Park. Palms Book is a little north of where I'm currently running. According to the state of Michigan, a representative of the Palms Book Land Company sold the park -- all 90 acres of it -- to the state in 1928 for $10. Even accounting for inflation, that seems to be a pretty good deal.

I didn't manage to run yesterday. I just couldn't get out of bed in the morning. I decided I could run at noon; I'm not that busy at noon on Thursdays. I made it through the morning, and was just getting set to go to the gym, when my stupid calendar program piped up and reminded me of a noon meeting. Hmph. If I had left a few minutes earlier, I would have happily forgotten the meeting. But I suppose, I would have felt guilty later. It was a small committee, and they really needed me there.

I did get up and run this morning. Frankly, I didn't feel much like this this morning, either, but I knew better than to skip two days in a row. I would have been major cranky today. I did have a good run, and ended up having a good day.

0 comments: