Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 1119 -- Macinac Bridge


OK, I seem to be bucking traffic here. I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures of myself from the back.

This is the annual Labor Day walk across the Mackinac Bridge. Apparently, Dana took the walk in 2002. Grandma Jogger and the Photographer have done it, in 2006 or 2007, I guess. I have never been, but I think it would be fun.

For those not in the know, Mackinac is pronounced "Mackinaw", and in Mackinaw City, on the south end of the bridge, it's even spelled that way. But the bridge, the straights that it crosses, and the nearby island all spell it the traditional way.

Today's long run began in the rain. If you are going to run in the rain, it's much better for the rain to start after you've been out for a while, and a warmed up. It's pretty hard to take that first step out the door when it's raining, particularly if you just got out of a nice warm bed. But I took it, and after five or six miles, the rain let up, leaving me with only a cool breeze to deal with. It wasn't a bad 16 miler. I felt good about what I got done.

0 comments: