Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 1172 -- Marysville (Michigan, that is)


In some sense, I've made very little progress in the last six years. In late June, 2006, I visited Marysville, Ohio. Today, I visit Marysville, Michigan. According to mapquest, the distance between them is only 220 miles. I've run well over 6500 miles. Next time, I'd better stop and ask directions.

I'd say that the Marysville Historical Museum looks like a nice place to kill a little time, while I'm in town. They say, "From the stories of the Native American tribes who inhabited Marysville's shores to those of the early founding fathers and industrial giants, it is a tale of men with vision and courage." Apparently, no women were involved in the history of Marysville. No, I guess that's not right. Just that the ones who were didn't have vision and courage.

It's oppressively hot here today. It was 70 degrees at 5:15 this morning, and humid. Needless to say, I worked up a sweat. I ran five miles in 50 minutes, and I feel like that was my absolute limit. I couldn't have run that distance a step faster, or run that pace a step further. But the good news is, I did complete the run, my first back-to-back runs in more than a week, and my abductor muscle barely twinged at all.

0 comments: