Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 1178 -- Adelaide Metcalfe


Adelaide Metcalfe sounds like two towns, and it is. From their web site, "The Township of Adelaide Metcalfe was formed on January 1, 2001 with the amalgamation of the former Township of Adelaide and the Township of Metcalfe." I suppose that there has been a lot of that around here. I've already been to Plympton-Wyoming and ahead I can see Strathroy-Caradoc. Don't ask me why Adelaide Metcalfe is not hyphenated. (Although the person posting fire-rescue pics on Flikr hyphenated it.)

I was scheduled to run yesterday, but I didn't. I got up, took an internal inventory, and went back to bed for an hour or so. When I did stumble out of bed, it was raining. I was a little disappointed to miss a run in the rain, after all the heat recently.

Fear not, though, because this morning I got my run in the rain. I still didn't feel like running, but having skipped yesterday, I didn't want to skip a second day in a row. So I went out, and within a couple of miles, the rain returned. Alas, shortly after that, the lightning started to get a little too close for comfort, and I knocked off. It was still a good run, though.

0 comments: