Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sad news


My Uncle Butch, who occasionally commented here as "Uncle Not A.", has died. His son talked to him on Sunday after church, and then after not hearing from him for a day, went over to his apartment Monday afternoon to find him dead. His health had been so bad for so long that this isn't a big surprise, but still we had no intimation that this was going to happen right now.

Uncle Butch was a good man, who valued friends and family more than anything else. He will be missed.

2 comments:

COUSIN JOGGER said...

DAD ENJOYED YOUR BLOG SO MUCH. HAVING BEEN ATHLETIC I THINK HE MISSED BEING ACTIVE AND THEREFOR WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR RUNNING. I WILL MISS DADS HUMOR MOST OF ALL.

Anonymous said...

You are right that we will miss him. I love the picture you posted. That is how I picture him, but did you ever know him so young?

Grandma Jogger