Thursday, April 13, 2006

Day 62 -- Coffee Pot


I don't know how far I actually ran today. I never do, when I run outside, but today was worse than usual, because I lost track of time, too. I ran for a while and then looked at my stopwatch, and it said 23 minutes. I thought, "Wow, I'm only halfway through." So I ran for a while more and looked at my stopwatch, and it said 23 minutes. Slowly it dawned on me that something might be amiss. So, anyway, I had to estimate my time based on my best guess of when I left the house, and then use that and an estimated pace to estimate my mileage. That's a lot of estimates, but I'm putting myself down for 5.5 miles. If you don't like it, you can just run across the country yourself, and set your own rules!

I'm nearing Bedford, PA, home of the World's Largest Coffeepot, an acheivement for which they don't seem to be particularly proud. I found it at the site WorldsLargestThings.com, which is my kind of wacky web site. Everybody has to have a hobby. Mine is running across America. Erika Nelson's is "The World's Largest Collection of the World's Smallest Versions of the World's Largest Things Traveling Roadside Attraction and Museum." Cool with a capital K. I will definitely see if I can't cross her path again.

0 comments: