Friday, April 14, 2006

I've been quoted

Just for the fun of it, I Googled "jogamericablog." The top hit was my page, which was to be expected. There were a few hits from blogs that link to me, notably Dr. Crazy and Dena Marie. There was a hit from one of the Teaching Carnivals, and a trackback from an obit for Octavia Butler that I had linked to. And there was this. (Note this is a pdf.)

This is apparently an actual newsletter. With advertisements and everything. I guess they really print copies and send them to people in exchange for money. And in their article on "Academic Bloggers on...Grade Inflation", they quoted this post of mine, in full.

I don't know why this makes me so happy. It's nice to be recognized, if only in a small way. (If I've had a sudden rush of hits from the millions of subscribers to this thing, I've missed it.) It's nice to read what I wrote and feel that it has held up pretty well. (My only regret is that they didn't include the link to the original story, so someone just reading what I said wouldn't necessarily understand the background.)

I should also say that some of the other people whom they quoted also had very good points to make. It's a very provocative piece, and I'm proud to be part of it.

0 comments: