Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 450 -- Warmup

I ran two miles this morning. I'm pretty sure that it didn't do anything for me, physically. It was mostly to keep from going bonkers with anticipation. I've been looking forward to this race for over a year, really. I can't remember the last time I was this focussed on a single day for this long.

It should be good weather for the marathon. It was about 48 degrees this morning. By the end of the run, I was just starting to get warmed up. Of course, I ended a bit before I'll be ending tomorrow. Actually, I ended a bit before I'll be starting tomorrow. But at least it won't start at 70 and work its way up.

I'm going down to the Quad Cities this afternoon. I'm staying in a hotel overnight, because it's a bit too far to drive in the morning. Then I'll have to drive back after the race, which should help me to get good and stiff.

0 comments: