Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 454 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDSep
Distance2626.61252.1113.5
Time16 days, 13 hrs, 19 min
8 days, 4 hrs, 25 min
19:34
Days45419718
States1362

The first Little Jogger has a band trip today. The middle school marching band is performing in an Oktoberfest parade in Lacrosse. I guess it's a pretty big deal. There will be 90,000 people at Oktoberfest, and it's a big, long parade route. She's pretty excited about it.

Anyway, I had to get out of bed at 4:00 to drop her off at 4:30. I have no idea why they had to go that early, but they did. So, what else was there to do at 4:30 on a Saturday morning but lace 'em up and go for a run. (Well, Mrs. Jogger found something else to do; she went back to bed.)

I couldn't decide how far to run. On the one hand, I'm still recovering from the marathon. On the other hand, when you get out on the road at 4:30, you don't want to run two miles and come home. So I settled on 5 miles, which was about right. By the end of the run, my quads were reminding me that they had already had a long week, but they weren't openly rebellious.

Having overdone it this morning, I'm declaring another day off tomorrow, which means that it's time to check Jogger's Progress. Except for that one day, it was a pretty easy month. 113 miles was my lowest month since February, and 18 days was my lowest month since the previous February. All those days off around the marathon really added up. But it was a good month. I'm happy with my first marathon, and I'm looking forward to my second.

0 comments: