Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 452 -- Back in the Saddle


Some time on Sunday, when I was actually running from Illinois to Iowa and back to Illinois, I virtually ran into Utah. It's hard to believe that I only have three states left to go. But they are big states, so it will still be a while.

I got out and ran today, for the first time since the marathon. I was pretty stiff, but I finished, and I feel pretty good about it. Tomorrow, I'll do just a little more mileage. I'll need to come back slowly.

The official race results are up. I was bib number 199, if you want to check them out for yourself. My time was 4 hours, 51 minutes, and 30 seconds. Not as good as I would have liked, but hey, it's a personal best, right? And it gives me something to beat next time. I was 479th out of 653 who finished the marathon.

0 comments: