Friday, October 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dear Jogger

Yes, today is my birthday. Forty-three years down, and who knows how many to go. Fewer than 43, I suspect. A sobering thought.

But, I'm not sober today. I'm in a good mood. It's Friday, and I survived what has been a pretty long week. It's my birthday, and I survived what has been a pretty long year. I've got four smiley and well-behaved kids (I traded the Little Joggers for them last week) and a loving wife. Life is OK.

Grandma Jogger and her housemate are coming in this evening. We are putting off the cake and ice cream until tomorrow afternoon, so we can celebrate with them. However, I might manage to sneak a treat yet tonight, when no one is looking.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh! I'm really behind in my blog reading! Happy belated birthday, anyway. I hope it was great!