Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 548 -- Change of Plans


They are predicting a blizzard for tomorrow. Again. If they named midwestern snow storms the way they name tropical storms, I'm pretty sure that we'd be up to at least Blizzard Raoul. Or possibly Victoria.

Anyway, it looks like even the mile and a half drive to the gym tomorrow will be fraught with peril, so just in case, I ran today. Since the gym is closed for an idoor track meet, I ran outside. It wasn't too bad, except that there's enough snow around that you really have to watch your footing, which takes more concentration. And, of course, I haven't rested that much after a long week. So I only did 4.7 miles. But it looks like that's the most that I can hope for this weekend.

This image? Why, it's the Battle of Valmy, of course.

0 comments: