Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 793 -- More Lolo


I decided that I could spend a little more time in Lolo. I'm not sure if I'm past it, or not, and there's not much out here. But Lolo has the St. Ignatius Mission, which is quite pretty.


The interior, seen here in a photo from Sallad Rialb's Flikr stream, is even nicer. None of these web sites seem to say what denomination this mission supports. It looks Orthodox to me. Do they have Orthodox churches in Montana?



This last photo isn't as good, but it's from a blog called RestWhenYouDie.com, which I couldn't resist.


Oh, and while I'm at it, I can post the barn that I couldn't post the other day!

As you have surmised, I did get to run today. We had a couple inches of snow last night, and the indoor track was closed for a meet, so I did the dreaded treadmill. It was OK, but I'm glad I don't have to do it all winter long.

In FFFK news, Grandma Jogger reports that the recumbent stepper is 2000 steps to the mile. So her group's 15000 steps were about 7.8 miles, which is another 12.8 km. Total, they did 31.7 km, or more than six 5Ks in honor of Non-Runner Nancy.

The Chic Runner has promised to collect everyone's performance and post a summary some time next week. For now, I am just going to be content with haphazardly pointing to the ones that I know about. If I miss you, please forgive me!

Kristen
MCM Mama
Lisa
Vava
Mel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE ROMAN COTHOLIC CHURCH HAS A STRONG PRESENCE IN MONTANA. MISSION STATIONS WERE BUILT THERE DURING THE 1800S TO CONVERT THE FRENCH/INDIAN NATIVES COMMONLY CALLED METIS'. THIS IS MOST LIKELY ONE OF THE VERY ORNATE CHURCHES BUILT BY THE CONVERTS AND FURNISHED WITH STATUARY AND ICONOGRAPHY FROM ROME. VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL.

b t w I WILL BE DOING MY RIDE SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THE SWELLING IN MY ANKLE WAS TOO GREAT TODAY.

Marci said...

race report is up! Thanks for organizing!

Wes said...

My race report is up!!

Ms. V. said...

I did the FFFK today.

6 miles at 1:09:00.

Slow, but dedicated.

My race report is up too.