Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 885 -- Buffalo


This is kind of a funky looking church. It is Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Buffalo, Wyoming. I'm still a few miles short of Buffalo, but it has been 90 miles since Ten Sleep, with nary a town in sight. And it's another 70 miles to Gillette. If you live in Buffalo, it's a long way to visit your neighbors.

I ran an easy five miles this morning. I didn't mean to go quite that far, but once I got started, I just ran. It was a nice morning for it.

The rest of the day was spent driving for Jogger's Taxi service. It started at 8:00, when I took the oldest and newest Little Jogger to the first day of Summer School, where she will be boning up on her math skills. Then it was off to the office for a bit, but not too long, because I had to pick the oldest and newest up after Summer School. After lunch, I took her and the littlest Little Jogger to a friend's house to play. In the middle of the afternoon, Mrs. Jogger sent me to the store to pick up canning supplies. She's putting up a whole bunch of strawberry-rhubarb jelly. I approve of strawberry-rhubarb jelly, so I went. At 4:00, the first Little Jogger had to go to Dairy Queen for a final meeting of Girl Scouts for the year. Home for a brief visit, then at 5, I had to drop the littlest off at soccer practice and, simultaneously, pick up the first from Dairy Queen. On opposite sides of town. I delivered the first home, then turned around to go pick up the littlest from Soccer practice. And then...peace. Until tomorrow.

0 comments: