Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 889 -- The Middle of Nowhere


If you do a Google image search for "Middle of Nowhere", this is the number one photo. OK, so it's actually "somewhere" north of Agadez in Niger. You're not going to hold it against me, just because this is half the world away, are you? I'm sure that the area of Wyoming where I'm currently running looks almost exactly like this, only with mountains and trees and water and wildlife.

Today's five mile run did not bode well for tomorrow's seventeen mile run. Although it was slightly cooler and less humid than yesterday, I still got pretty sweaty and very tired. The only things that I have going for me tomorrow are (a) I usually don't have two bad days in a row, and (b) I'll be taking walk breaks every mile. I hope that will get me through.

0 comments: