Monday, June 08, 2009

Up -- with an UPdate

I missed my run this morning. I'm still holding out hope for a run later today, but we'll see. In the meantime, Dean Dad has inspired me to a movie review.

Like DD, I took the kids to see Up on Saturday. I'm not sure that I agree with him that it was one of the best movies I've ever seen, but it was pretty darn good. As I believe I've said, Pixar just doesn't do bad movies. Like all Pixar movies, it was funny and touching and exciting and unpredictable. I thought it was a little less believable than most. I guess when you have a movie about talking toys or talking fish, you aren't expecting believable. But this movie was about people. I really wanted the only stretch of the imagination to be the idea that this guy could actually float his house with toy balloons, but that was just the beginning. The plot called for a lot of fairly weird stuff, and the physics was downright appalling. But I just squinted a little bit, and went along for the ride. And a great ride it was. Definitely one I'm willing to see again.

Update: Amanda over at Pandagon has a much better review than this one.

0 comments: