Friday, March 05, 2010

Day 1080 -- Ripon


Ripon is ten or fifteen miles to the west, but its worth a little detour to visit Ripon College. Its a nice little liberal arts school. I have a couple of connections there. I went to graduate school with one of their graduates, who in fact worked with the same adviser as I. I also know several people on their math faculty, including one who was the chair of our section of the Mathematical Association of America. I like him and respect him a lot. Enough to take the time for a quick visit.

Ripon, the town, is also the birthplace of the modern Republican party. But we wont hold that against them.

By the way, this is Middle Hall, which I found on the site for the Historic Campus Architecture Project, from the Council of Independent Colleges.

I ran six miles this morning, but it wasn't easy. I could just barely drag myself out the door. I wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep until, say, Wednesday. But I had to run, so I did. Now I'm supposed to do five miles tomorrow, and another fifteen on Sunday, for a total of...wait a minute...I have a calculator around here somewhere...Anyway, it's going to be a good long weekend. If I make ti.

0 comments: