Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 1095 -- Marinette


I'm a little surprised that I haven't hit CardCow before. It is a site devoted to vintage postcards. You'd think that they would have turned up in searching for town names some time in the last four years.

In any case this is a vintage postcard of the Lauerman Building in Marinette, Wisconsin. The CardCow site doesn't give a lot of detail about the building (such as, is it still there) but it does say that the postcard is linen, and was published by E. C. Kropp Co. Alas, the original has been sold.

It was nice enough this morning to run outside, but I went for the dreadmill, instead. I had a tempo run scheduled, and it's particularly easy to do a tempo run on the dreadmill. I can control my pace and my time pretty exactly. And, since I'm paid up through the end of the month, it doesn't cost me any extra. I have another tempo run next Tuesday, and I'll probably go back again, but the week after that will be April, and I'll have to come up with a different plan.

0 comments: