Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1089 -- Suamico


Just north of Green Bay is the village of Suamico. At about 10,000 people, it's roughly the size of Joggerville, but I imagine that it has a different feel to it. Joggerville is the largest town in SW Wisconsin, but Suamico sits there in the shadow of Green Bay. I lifted this image from Photobucket. It's not clear to me exactly why it is there.

I didn't run yesterday, of course, but I took three of the little Joggers and we drove down to visit Grandma Jogger and the Photographer. This morning, when I went to run, I couldn't find my running shoes. I decided that I had neglected to pack them, so I just went out and ran in my regular shoes, which are, after all, decommissioned running shoes. Of course, when I got back, I found the bag with my running shoes. Oh, well.

It was a good run. I was shooting for five miles, but I don't know the distances in Grandma's town that well. After I got back, I mapped out my run on the computer, and it came out to 5.00 miles. Not bad. I held a nice pace, too, so it was a good run. Tomorrow, a little longer, but a little slower.

0 comments: