Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 1193 -- Milton


Check out the Galaxy Cineplex in Milton. I particularly like the tower, which looks like something out of the Jetsons. If you appreciate this theater as much as I do, go to Fabiani Architect, Ltd. They seem to be the creative force behind it.

I managed to make my 18 miles today. Almost 19, in fact. It wasn't really pretty, but I'm happy. I didn't take any unscheduled walk breaks, although my last scheduled walk break went into extra innings. I usually try to walk 100 to 200 yards, but for this break, I walked about a quarter of a mile. But after that, I picked it up and ran the last mile and a half without stopping.

I'm beginning to realize that I really have slowed down this summer. Some of that is the heat and humidity, I guess, but I think some of it is the inevitable and irreversible effect of aging. I'm now not thinking at all about a personal record (PR) in the marathon in October. I'll be content to finish it.

0 comments: