Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Days 1185 and 1186 -- Stratford


From the blog This Gaudy Gilded Stage, a picture of a statue of Shakespeare in Stratford, ON. Stratford has a big Shakespeare Festival every summer. When we lived in Ann Arbor, we came up a couple of times. We saw a pretty good King Lear, and a pretty bad Othello, and we must have seen a couple of other plays, but I don't remember them in any detail.

I ran yesterday morning in Joggerville, then loaded half the family into the Joggermobile and drove down to Grandma Jogger's town. The first Little Jogger was away at Girl Scout camp. She gets back today. Mrs. Jogger decided to stick around to feed the beasts and oversee the home improvement project. The medium Little Jogger just decided to stay home, because he was afraid he wouldn't have much fun. I don't know how much fun he's having at home with no other kids, but we decided there was no good excuse to push him to come.

This morning, I did a slow five miles in Grandma's town. Cousin Jogger has suggested that no one north of the Mason/Dixon line should complain about heat and humidity, so I'll just say it was a great run. I wished I could have run further.

0 comments: