Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1199 -- Ajax


I don't know if you'll be able to tell, but this isn't a photo at all. It's a computer-designed image of what this building will look like. The site from which I lifted the image, Architext Consulting, doesn't actually say when -- or even if -- this building will be built. They merely point out that they "provided construction specifications" for Karp Namisniak Yamamoto Architects, who designed the new Ajax Fire Station. The building is designed to "attain Silver Certification under the CaGBC LEED Green Building Rating System." So there.

It was a glorious morning for a run, so I overdid it. I've been sore and tired all day. I have a softball game tonight, but my plan is to show up and, if there are enough players without me, volunteer to keep the bench from floating away. Which is, in its own way, a major concession for me. In my younger days, I wouldn't volunteer to miss a game for anything short of a broken leg.

0 comments: